2009 Monsoon Race Series

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  catgut on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Thanks for the comments and great attendance that evening.

Huge thanks to Eric and all who participated. Glad we got some questions answered.

I've got a few copies of the maps for today's event for our use. I'll see you all there Very Happy

Time to rally and pool all our SCG efforts for placing in each class!

Just wish I didn't have to depart by 2:30 Mad

J
avatar
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466
Age : 42
Location : In my pants
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  kevin6192 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:19 am

gonzosti wrote:
kevin6192 wrote:Hey guys, don't think I will be able to make it this Sunday. Just remembered I have a research paper due. Might be able to just stop by though. Have fun!

Research paper should be on "How to Auto X"Shocked Yes at the least try to stop by and check it out..The sport needs all the support it can get..cause once you do have the time, hopefully it will still be there for you to enjoy...


that seems like a good research paper tongue
clayton brought up a topic in class this one day, but the teacher was like NO haha.
his topic was
" Subaru vs Mitsubishi " haha
avatar
kevin6192

Number of posts : 122
Age : 26
Registration date : 2009-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  MiloMCG on Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:42 pm

kevin6192 wrote:
gonzosti wrote:
kevin6192 wrote:Hey guys, don't think I will be able to make it this Sunday. Just remembered I have a research paper due. Might be able to just stop by though. Have fun!

Research paper should be on "How to Auto X"Shocked Yes at the least try to stop by and check it out..The sport needs all the support it can get..cause once you do have the time, hopefully it will still be there for you to enjoy...


that seems like a good research paper tongue
clayton brought up a topic in class this one day, but the teacher was like NO haha.
his topic was
" Subaru vs Mitsubishi " haha

that's what we're gonna plan and do with all these Auto x races.. bring the Mitsu vs Subbie drama back. that way all other Auto X racers will talk about getting either a Mitsu or a Subbie. That will bring more members for both parties and revenue to the dealerships. whoever will buy the Mitsubishi Franchise lol. Dam somebody please pick up the ball from Triple J!! *ahem prestige*
avatar
MiloMCG

Number of posts : 1
Age : 39
Location : Next to the green fence
Registration date : 2009-09-01

View user profile http://www.mitsuclubguam.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  trekz11 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:09 pm




SCG ROCKS!!! cheers
will post more pics tomorrow... Cool
avatar
trekz11

Number of posts : 71
Age : 34
Location : GUAM
Registration date : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  catgut on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:30 am

MiloMCG wrote:that's what we're gonna plan and do with all these Auto x races.. bring the Mitsu vs Subbie drama back. that way all other Auto X racers will talk about getting either a Mitsu or a Subbie. That will bring more members for both parties and revenue to the dealerships. whoever will buy the Mitsubishi Franchise lol. Dam somebody please pick up the ball from Triple J!! *ahem prestige*

Nice! cheers a little competitiveness helps increase membership to both parties. There were a couple Mitsubishis at autox yesterday which is always nice to see.

J
avatar
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466
Age : 42
Location : In my pants
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  dhonn17 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:41 am

ei guys sorry i didnt make it because i got team building for the company everyone need TO attend, and after that i need to replace 2 tire of my wifey SUV
avatar
dhonn17

Number of posts : 169
Age : 32
Location : somewhere
Registration date : 2009-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  07GDJ25 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:15 am

Yo SCG, what an event huh? It was good to see such a strong SCG turn out. We placed in a few classes and everyone did good. To me what was most important was us getting out there to support Jay and SCCA, and showing everyone else what a strong, together, humble car club can do. Our group stuck out, we stayed together and had fun, no drama..god job. Some more practice and we'll be fine. There was some talk about track car versus all day everyday daily drivers...maybe I'll start a post on that so everyone can chime in with their ideas. Anyhow good event, good job...shooto pig
avatar
07GDJ25

Number of posts : 283
Location : Somewhere out there
Registration date : 2009-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  GuamSTI on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:32 am

MiloMCG wrote:
kevin6192 wrote:
gonzosti wrote:
kevin6192 wrote:Hey guys, don't think I will be able to make it this Sunday. Just remembered I have a research paper due. Might be able to just stop by though. Have fun!

Research paper should be on "How to Auto X"Shocked Yes at the least try to stop by and check it out..The sport needs all the support it can get..cause once you do have the time, hopefully it will still be there for you to enjoy...


that seems like a good research paper tongue
clayton brought up a topic in class this one day, but the teacher was like NO haha.
his topic was
" Subaru vs Mitsubishi " haha

that's what we're gonna plan and do with all these Auto x races.. bring the Mitsu vs Subbie drama back. that way all other Auto X racers will talk about getting either a Mitsu or a Subbie. That will bring more members for both parties and revenue to the dealerships. whoever will buy the Mitsubishi Franchise lol. Dam somebody please pick up the ball from Triple J!! *ahem prestige*



Josh did a pretty good job to take 1st place in SM, Congrats we hope to see more of MCG in the next races

Ed, Michael and DJ did a good job as well!
avatar
GuamSTI

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  GuamSTI on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 am

The SCG is a very solid and stable group. The GRSCCA is proud to have you guys support our races! See you all in round 2!
avatar
GuamSTI

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  gonzosti on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:37 am

It was a good turn out for both SCG and MCG and congrats to Josh for 1st in SM, congrats to Jesse for 3rd in SM and Scott for nabbing the most improved novice of the day (watch out ST class) cheers To all of the SCG who participated or spectated, lets make this an everyother Sunday meet and Support Jay, GRSCCA and SCCA..It was an exciting race and theres 4 more to go...Lets keep at it...
avatar
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Age : 51
Location : In Front of You!
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  cabrez99 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 am

Good job to those that race yesterday, it was good to see VP out there on the track. Hopefully race 2 has a good number of Subies........... cheers
avatar
cabrez99

Number of posts : 419
Age : 36
Location : Mangilao
Registration date : 2009-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  ceo1 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:40 am

My car is out of the shop! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm not sure bout the next race due to tire issues. But if I get some tires in before then imma be out there! Regardless I will be there cheering! I think I was the only cheerleader.. Perhaps even too loud! Haha!
avatar
ceo1
SCG Treasurer/Coordinator & Plans

Number of posts : 323
Age : 35
Registration date : 2008-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  gonzosti on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:35 am

Trekz11 your pic has been tagged... affraid



Enjoy!
avatar
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Age : 51
Location : In Front of You!
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  trekz11 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:14 pm

sick photoshop tricks ed... Shocked
avatar
trekz11

Number of posts : 71
Age : 34
Location : GUAM
Registration date : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  trekz11 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:19 pm

ceo1 wrote:My car is out of the shop! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm not sure bout the next race due to tire issues. But if I get some tires in before then imma be out there! Regardless I will be there cheering! I think I was the only cheerleader.. Perhaps even too loud! Haha!

you better be on the next race iron chef we dont need you cheering anymore. lol!
avatar
trekz11

Number of posts : 71
Age : 34
Location : GUAM
Registration date : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  cabrez99 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:16 am

D, you don't need tires right now, you already have some on your wheels. Just race and accumilate some points and join us. after all it's the big race, you don't wanna sit this one out because of tires. Do it for the support and for fun, like they always say, build driving experience before upgrading. cheers
avatar
cabrez99

Number of posts : 419
Age : 36
Location : Mangilao
Registration date : 2009-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  ceo1 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:06 am

I'd love to Darrell but here's the dilemma. I have my 18" Rota's which have Nankangs, I don't mind using these tires because I have already used em. Problem is it will place me in ST because of it.

My stock rims are fitted with Nankangs as well. They are almost brand new so I plan to sell them to partially fund my new tires. If I race em, they will not be worth as much as now, especially since they wear real fast.

Finally, if I do join in ST class, and use up the Nankangs on the Rota's I will need new tires by the end of the season (cruising tires). This will cost me double since I will still get tires for my stocks (race tires). Basically, my funds are pretty dry so this is not a great option.

So, does anyone wanna donate funds for tires? I love you Hehehe...
avatar
ceo1
SCG Treasurer/Coordinator & Plans

Number of posts : 323
Age : 35
Registration date : 2008-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  dhonn17 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:30 pm

can we still join even though we missed the 1st race??? Question Question
avatar
dhonn17

Number of posts : 169
Age : 32
Location : somewhere
Registration date : 2009-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  gonzosti on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:34 pm

D...Not really sure whats going on with the classes, but when they teched Eric and Rex, they were put in ST class, Eric was told because of Turbo and Rex because of tires...but if you look at the results..they were ranked in Stock class. So not to sure if results were typo (need to confirm with Jay). I say run with the 18's already used and dont worry bout class...Just race to beat the top time and have some fun with that WRX...eventually we will upgrade and end up in SM..but for now at least push your WRX in stock trim, at least you will notice the difference when you do upgrade....Just my 2 cents....
avatar
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Age : 51
Location : In Front of You!
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  gonzosti on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:36 pm

dhonn17 wrote:can we still join even though we missed the 1st race??? Question Question

Of course... cheers Everyone was waiting to see your `09 in action...27th will be your day!
avatar
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Age : 51
Location : In Front of You!
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  dhonn17 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:44 pm

i really want to go but i got important thing to take care of
avatar
dhonn17

Number of posts : 169
Age : 32
Location : somewhere
Registration date : 2009-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  gonzosti on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:04 pm

dhonn17 wrote:i really want to go but i got important thing to take care of, i got some question is the helmet do need to be tight when you wear it? and ed when i back up and press the break i hear squeak? this thing only happens when i back up

No worries if you couldnt make it (we all have our priorities)...please do try for the upcoming races (4 left)..we need your support, the more people the better for the sport...Your helmet should fit snug and not loose..you do not want it shifting on your head and blocking your vision while racing, plus the more comfortable you are the better..Squeaks are normal during braking forward or back...My brakes have a knock when braking...But if you are not sure and it dosent sound normal...have it checked.
avatar
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Age : 51
Location : In Front of You!
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  Mmanni39 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Awesome turnout SCG and congrats to Josh and Jesse, sorry I had to leave early but the commander "wife" needed me to be in place by 1700. Again thank you all for supporting SCG and GRSCCA had a lot of fun and looking forward for the following Sunday.
avatar
Mmanni39

Number of posts : 186
Age : 40
Location : Guam
Registration date : 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  GuamSTI on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:34 am

gonzosti wrote:D...Not really sure whats going on with the classes, but when they teched Eric and Rex, they were put in ST class, Eric was told because of Turbo and Rex because of tires...but if you look at the results..they were ranked in Stock class. So not to sure if results were typo (need to confirm with Jay). I say run with the 18's already used and dont worry bout class...Just race to beat the top time and have some fun with that WRX...eventually we will upgrade and end up in SM..but for now at least push your WRX in stock trim, at least you will notice the difference when you do upgrade....Just my 2 cents....

Only the STI is automatically in ST. Tech people technically are not supposed to tell the owner/driver what class they would belong. This is not their responsibility the driver/owner is supposed to reasearch and know what class they fall into.
avatar
GuamSTI

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  GuamSTI on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:37 am

gonzosti wrote:
dhonn17 wrote:i really want to go but i got important thing to take care of, i got some question is the helmet do need to be tight when you wear it? and ed when i back up and press the break i hear squeak? this thing only happens when i back up

No worries if you couldnt make it (we all have our priorities)...please do try for the upcoming races (4 left)..we need your support, the more people the better for the sport...Your helmet should fit snug and not loose..you do not want it shifting on your head and blocking your vision while racing, plus the more comfortable you are the better..Squeaks are normal during braking forward or back...My brakes have a knock when braking...But if you are not sure and it dosent sound normal...have it checked.

This is normal on the Brembo/STI branded Brembo equipped cars
avatar
GuamSTI

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009 Monsoon Race Series

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum