Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Differential Oil Temperature Switch

3 posters

Go down

Rear Differential Oil Temperature Switch Empty Rear Differential Oil Temperature Switch

Post  gonzosti Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:54 am

I went and did an overall inspection of my undercarrige and to my suprise i find that my Rear Differential Oil Temperature Switch / Sender is damaged. The plastic clip at the switch is cracked and gone, so the connection no longer clips and locks. It is still functional and I have not loss the connection, but it is easy to remove. This may have been a result of my rear end accident which Prestige made great repairs to, however i cant see how this part was overseen (or was it). I have notified the service dept via e-mail and now awaiting response. In the meantime I am searching for the "Rear Differential Oil Temperature Switch" (See "Subaru Parts Wanted" Section of Forum https://scguam.forumotion.com/subaru-parts-wanted-f17/06-sti-rear-differential-oil-temperature-switch-t384.htm#3086 ) If anyone has access to a recommended vendor I can use, please advise...Any and All help is Greatly Appreciated.
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Rear Differential Oil Temperature Switch Empty Re: Rear Differential Oil Temperature Switch

Post  gummx97 Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:28 am

This is a testament to a simple visual inspection yields very important results! Hope that Prestige is able to rectify the discrepancy.
gummx97
gummx97
SCG Vice-President

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Rear Differential Oil Temperature Switch Empty Re: Rear Differential Oil Temperature Switch

Post  gonzosti Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:02 am

gummx97 wrote:This is a testament to a simple visual inspection yields very important results! Hope that Prestige is able to rectify the discrepancy.

Just received a call and e-mail from Mr. George Johnston of Presitige Service Dept. advising that Prestige will rectify the probelm under warranty. I must say that getting a prompt and positive response reassures me that Subaru Owners are gonna be alright. Also Big Thanks to SCG for their response and direction.
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gummx97 Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:58 am

That's good to hear!
gummx97
gummx97
SCG Vice-President

Number of posts : 549

Back to top Go down

Post  Mmanni39 Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 am

glad to hear everything is going accordingly
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum