Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having a Tuner visit?

5 posters

Go down

Having a Tuner visit? Empty Having a Tuner visit?

Post  WRB04STi Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:07 am

What do you guys thing about a tuner coming out here to tune our cars? I have talked with Doug Wilks and Scott Seigel at TopSpeed about tuning my car here instead of doing the tune throught the email thing and they would be down for it. But, of course there is a catch...I would have to pay for them to come out and do it. Well I figure if there were enough of us that wnated to do it we could always pool together and do it. They do understand that there is no dyno but they can still do a street tune.

http://www.topspeedsales.com/

Last edited by WRB04STi on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
WRB04STi
WRB04STi

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Having a Tuner visit? Empty Re: Having a Tuner visit?

Post  gummx97 Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:14 am

If we are to pursue this, everyone has to participate and save enough funds to accommodate air fare and accommodations. It might take some time save up enough funds since a round trip ticket is usually over 1K, unless you purchase in advance or keep an eye out on special fares. I am thinking of sponsorship but that might be a long shot, but you'll never know, if Tommy's project with Ken Block pushes through and there is enough demand here, we possibly might be able to offset the cost.

We could do fundraisers but usually that is for charity.

It is a possibility and worthy of a good discussion. We do not have any Subie tuners out here, but I am sure others will benefit of him coming out here.

Would the other clubs be willing to participate in this endeavor? Might be an avenue to pursue. Where is he from anyway?
gummx97
gummx97
SCG Vice-President

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  WRB04STi Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:38 am

They can tune AP, UTEC, and ECUTEK. TopSpeed is out of Alpharetta, GA (not too far from Atlanta) Im sure that they would tune some other makes while they are out here. Possibly get the Nissian guys in on it too but, WE get first dibs.
WRB04STi
WRB04STi

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post  catgut Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:53 am

Always interested in ideas like this hoping to learn a little more from the pros but the obvious thing is cost as Rudy outlined.

Tried this with a Toyota tuner (Jason Seibels - AEM engineer/tuner) but even with such a large following it still proved to be a huge undertaking. Not doubting but I'm hoping that there is enough interest but with our limited community its hard not to ignore those obstacles. I'm interested but needs lots of further dicussion.

Good info sharing Pete, thanks for bringing it up.
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466

http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mmanni39 Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:31 am

catgut wrote:Always interested in ideas like this hoping to learn a little more from the pros but the obvious thing is cost as Rudy outlined.

Tried this with a Toyota tuner (Jason Seibels - AEM engineer/tuner) but even with such a large following it still proved to be a huge undertaking. Not doubting but I'm hoping that there is enough interest but with our limited community its hard not to ignore those obstacles. I'm interested but needs lots of further dicussion.

Good info sharing Pete, thanks for bringing it up.

sounds good with enough motor heads we can learn a lot also......this will benefit us tremendously, I remember talking to my wife about a dyno and I think it will be a great profit and interest to the island of Guam. Talk about it tonight
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:33 am

This is a good idea a long term goal unless they want to take a vacation to Guam at the same time, maening we could split the expense. Money will be the issue but there are lots of options in making it happen.

If we are to pursue this, everyone has to participate and save enough funds to accommodate air fare and accommodations. It might take some time save up enough funds since a round trip ticket is usually over 1K, unless you purchase in advance or keep an eye out on special fares. I am thinking of sponsorship but that might be a long shot, but you'll never know, if Tommy's project with Ken Block pushes through and there is enough demand here, we possibly might be able to offset the cost.

Continental Employee's out there?

We could do fundraisers but usually that is for charity.

We did this to buy cones when we started the GRSCCA

sounds good with enough motor heads we can learn a lot also......this will benefit us tremendously, I remember talking to my wife about a dyno and I think it will be a great profit and interest to the island of Guam. Talk about it tonight

Brian you read my mind I have all the information about a dyno at the moment. I am just waiting for some financing information from Land and Sea, I have been working with them for the last month.It definitely has to be AWD. They even provide you with an ROI report.BTW they guy at land and sea is also Brian.

Partners? anyone?

www.land-and-sea.com
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Number of posts : 748

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down