Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P2443 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 2)

2 posters

Go down

P2443 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 2) Empty P2443 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 2)

Post  tranc3nd Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:51 am

Hey guys,

Has anybody gotten this on there wrx or sti's? This is the code i received from the ODB II scanner. I was reading NASIOC and this guys said on this thread "http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298963&page=34"

"Moisture corrodes valves. Dealer replaced air pump assembly and both valves. $1900"

Wow, i hope i dont have to replace that... it happened when i hit 33k on my car. Other people said on NASIOC that its an emissions problem...

Any thoughts guys?

I erased the codes to confirm that it was p2443 and it sure showed the code today...

The check light engine comes on when i start the car.
tranc3nd
tranc3nd

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

P2443 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 2) Empty Re: P2443 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 2)

Post  tranc3nd Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:26 am

My car is out of warranty already. Thanks jay I will read the topic throughly and try to decide.
tranc3nd
tranc3nd

Back to top Go down

P2443 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 2) Empty Re: P2443 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed (Bank 2)

Post  catgut Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:57 pm

As a suggestion, read your warranty coverage very carefully. Typically certain emission control components are covered longer than most other items on U.S. vehicles to be compliant with Fed regulations.

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-12-03

http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tranc3nd Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Okay I will go ahead and check prestige if they can cover it. Thanks for the heads up j.
tranc3nd
tranc3nd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down