Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A/C compressor / clutch squeals in the morning

3 posters

Go down

A/C compressor / clutch squeals in the morning Empty A/C compressor / clutch squeals in the morning

Post  catgut Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Something I recall in a few instances. Happened about 6x since purchased only when cool morning start and A/C switched 'ON' then a loud squeal/screech for a second. I was thinking an A/C clutch that had some surface rust on the pressure plate surfaces since it sat at the dealer for some time before being sold. Belt appears/feels to be in check but need to use a tension gauge to be sure. Gotta bring it in sometime to get checked out.

You guys have this as well?

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-12-03

http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

A/C compressor / clutch squeals in the morning Empty Re: A/C compressor / clutch squeals in the morning

Post  gummx97 Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:33 pm

i get that condition in my nissan pick up truck, nothing yet on the subaru.
gummx97
gummx97
SCG Vice-President

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

A/C compressor / clutch squeals in the morning Empty Re: A/C compressor / clutch squeals in the morning

Post  gummx97 Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 pm

catgut wrote:Something I recall in a few instances. Happened about 6x since purchased only when cool morning start and A/C switched 'ON' then a loud squeal/screech for a second. I was thinking an A/C clutch that had some surface rust on the pressure plate surfaces since it sat at the dealer for some time before being sold. Belt appears/feels to be in check but need to use a tension gauge to be sure. Gotta bring it in sometime to get checked out.

You guys have this as well?

J

Been a while since anyone has chimed in here, guess the anomaly is unique to Jesse's car?
gummx97
gummx97
SCG Vice-President

Back to top Go down

Post  catgut Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:39 am

Didn't happen this morning after sitting for 4-days....intermittent.

Maybe it's my credit card squealing for mercy when it hears the WRX start-up Suspect scratch

Weekly updates will continue. Anyone else?

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Back to top Go down

Post  gummx97 Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:22 am

catgut wrote:

Maybe it's my credit card squealing for mercy when it hears the WRX start-up Suspect scratch

J

Huh?? Your credit card must be one of those One Pass Miles things...those tend to squeak when you redeem them cuz it's so tight with restrictions!!! What a Face
gummx97
gummx97
SCG Vice-President

Back to top Go down

Post  catgut Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:04 am

^^^^ Yah, that card.

UPDATE:
No squeal lately. It never fails....once you pay mind to the noises and irritate you they mysteriously disappear. I'll keep you all posted if anything changes.

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Back to top Go down

Post  blueTR_808 Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:35 am

check your belts, they may need to be replaced
blueTR_808
blueTR_808

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down