Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scg autox part II labor day weekend

+6
trekz11
gummx97
catgut
kevin6192
GuamSTI
Mmanni39
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

scg autox part II labor day weekend Empty scg autox part II labor day weekend

Post  Mmanni39 Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Thoughts? Jay do we have anything going this weekend? I know everyone enjoyed the 16th do we have an opportunity for part II of SCG autoX?
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

scg autox part II labor day weekend Empty Re: scg autox part II labor day weekend

Post  GuamSTI Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Not really, but it just takes a while to set-up everything and besides I am under the weather right now
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

scg autox part II labor day weekend Empty Re: scg autox part II labor day weekend

Post  Mmanni39 Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm

GuamSTI wrote:Not really, but it just takes a while to set-up everything and besides I am under the weather right now
Okay if I get at least 4 to 5 bodies to set up with you will that help with the course? And I hope you get better sir. Hey fellas if we are going to do this we need full participation. Again I am trying for labor day weekend for you fellas and gals who want to race, please make your adjustments to your schedule, if we have only a few willing to set up then this wont happy. Please chime in on this asap so we can start rolling with the planning and help.
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:11 pm

I suggest for this time is that we follow the SCCA rules so we can get familiar as to how a real race day works.

Helmets, shoes, sleeved shirt required, etc.

and also teaching each and everyone how to marshall. If people do not know how to marshal it may sometimes cost them a position or even a win.
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  Mmanni39 Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:20 pm

GuamSTI wrote:I suggest for this time is that we follow the SCCA rules so we can get familiar as to how a real race day works.

Helmets, shoes, sleeved shirt required, etc.

and also teaching each and everyone how to marshall. If people do not know how to marshal it may sometimes cost them a position or even a win.

I am up for that Jay, you are the man so we will do it like a realistic event. Yes, marshalling will be a must also and I will back you on the rules and guidlines of autox....Fellas if we are going to do this we are going to do this with SCCA rules. I am backing Jay on this and he has a valid point for those who are going to do the monsoon series.
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin6192 Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:21 pm

im pretty sure i can help set up
what date is labor day though? haha
kevin6192
kevin6192

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  catgut Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:24 pm

Count us in for set-up and break-down that day (Labor Day Sunday right?).

Maybe as a suggestion we can set-up Saturday afternoon like G.R.S.C.C.A. does so we get right to business Sunday morning and have minimal set-up chores that day. Anyone else agree?

Also, I know Iron Chef Dennis gets super busy with his menu...maybe volunteers to assist him?

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466

http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

scg autox part II labor day weekend Empty Dates

Post  Mmanni39 Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:25 pm

kevin6192 wrote:im pretty sure i can help set up
what date is labor day though? haha
Septemper 5th saturday, 6th sunday, 7th monday labor day
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Back to top Go down

Post  Mmanni39 Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:27 pm

catgut wrote:Count us in for set-up and break-down that day (Labor Day Sunday right?).

Maybe as a suggestion we can set-up Saturday afternoon like G.R.S.C.C.A. does so we get right to business Sunday morning and have minimal set-up chores that day. Anyone else agree?

Also, I know Iron Chef Dennis gets super busy with his menu...maybe volunteers to assist him?

J
yeah, par that 6th Sunday and yes need an apprentice for the iron chef
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Back to top Go down

Post  gummx97 Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:01 pm

Jhay,

Is what SCG planning ok with the general body of GRSCCA? After all, it is their equipment that we are using. It just in our best interest if we clarify this at the onset so as to avoid any "issues" later. As we all know, SCG is quite a visible club and the last thing we need is animosity amongst other group of car enthusiasts, just playing devil's advocate.
gummx97
gummx97
SCG Vice-President

Number of posts : 549

Back to top Go down

Post  trekz11 Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:12 pm

im in for this one just let me know what i can do to help.
i know already that this is gonna be funnn!!! bounce cheers
trekz11
trekz11

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ceo1 Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Will work on something. I'm thinking we see who is really 100% sure. It's very hard to estimate a menu when you do not know how many people (drivers, wives, friends and kids) will be there. I have asked this many times but noone seems to answer as to how many people they plan to bring.

This was the case this passed Sunday. I didn't wanna run outta food so I made SURE there was enough. Much excess actually. If I can get a better head count, then I can plan smaller (or larger) and this should help shrink the contribution to the food budget. Last Sunday, my apologies, but we put in almost the price of eating Sunday brunch at a hotel! If you let me know ahead of time, we can be much more organized and much less taxing on our wallets! cheers

Cannot do Labor day Monday though, that's for sure. I will also have to iron out things for this Sunday. Jay, please just keep the grill at your place just in case.
ceo1
ceo1
SCG Treasurer/Coordinator & Plans

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cabrez99 Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 am

Count me in for the set up (Saturday) and break down (Sunday).
cabrez99
cabrez99

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzosti Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:37 am

gonzosti wrote:Labor day weekend sounds good to me, cant make this Sunday (Autobacs Super GT Round 6 @ Suzuka affraid ). Will help in anyway I can.
Does anyone know when the start of the Monsoon Series is (may need to save on tires). Also dont think a Saturday set up is adviseable unless gate can be locked and unlocked...just a thought.
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Post  catgut Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:41 am

^^^^ I think Jhay can answer this. It happens with G.R.S.C.C.A. events which are planned and I think it is very possible with this much advance planning. Just need confirmation from Jhay.

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Back to top Go down

Post  gummx97 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:58 am

just for clarification, which autox is being addressed, this weekend or labor day weekend?
gummx97
gummx97
SCG Vice-President

Number of posts : 549

Back to top Go down

Post  dhonn17 Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:04 am

im in! just let m know if you need help okies..... jhay ill be there 6 am in morning jst text me
dhonn17
dhonn17

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Mmanni39 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Jess can we start a post for set-up/breakdown, also head count and who is planning to attend. If you have any suggestings course set up or anything with set up period feel free.

Also $$$$ if all possible, dropped off to IRON chef so he does not have to pull from his own pocket. If unable to do so I would like you to pay your dues directly to him. Also if you are planning on bringing something rather than chipping in please let him know so he can adjust the menu accordingly so he does not have to worry about overage of food or shortage. Thank you, please feel free to make suggestings the floor is open need to make things smoother for my Iron Chef.
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Back to top Go down

Post  ceo1 Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Well put Brian thanks!

Yes, I'm just taking charge of the food to ensure that there will be some. If anyone has suggestions or comments feel free to lemme know. You can plan the next one, bring food or chip in, I'm just doing my part.

Special requests are always welcome also. My friend is a decent cook and I got a few tricks up my sleeve as well.
ceo1
ceo1
SCG Treasurer/Coordinator & Plans

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

scg autox part II labor day weekend Empty Head count

Post  Mmanni39 Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Head count for Part II on the 6th please start posting
1.Brian
Mmanni39
Mmanni39

Back to top Go down

Post  catgut Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Mmanni39 wrote:Head count for Part II on the 6th please start posting
1. Brian
2. Jesse
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Back to top Go down

Post  catgut Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Food $$ donation/contribution:

1. Jesse - $20.00

I guess those interested can cut and paste as we add to this list. Also, we need to maintain the list and indicate who has already paid. Amount is up to you, my amount was just my choice based on my last contribution at the first event.

Unsure who will receive the cash and keep track.

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 pm

I am not sure what the schedule is but I might be in Manila then.
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  cabrez99 Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:52 am

1.Brian
2.Jesse
3.Darrell
cabrez99
cabrez99

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  dhonn17 Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:00 am

catgut wrote:
Mmanni39 wrote:Head count for Part II on the 6th please start posting
1. Brian
2. Jesse
3. Darell
4. Jonathan
dhonn17
dhonn17

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next