Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

headers install

2 posters

Go down

headers install Empty headers install

Post  zakeswrx09 Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:46 pm

anybody know where i can get my headers installed thats not a rip off trying to get them on before the car show on the 29th
zakeswrx09
zakeswrx09

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-12-26

Back to top Go down

headers install Empty Re: headers install

Post  catgut Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Aside from a group install, considering that you're trying to get this done before the 29th you can check-out Geoffrey at George and Sons or see if Medlerz can squeeze you in. Their rates are reasonable and they have good reps.

Curious, I think if I'm not mistaken you may need to reflash the ecu with a header install. You may have to read up on that but I'm pretty sure since it'll increase exhaust flow. Do you have the means to reflash your ecu? Typically you can get away with an off the shelf tune but you may have to consider a pro-tune with the understanding that your tuner has to send you a tune which includes the header for compensation.

J

catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-12-03

http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

headers install Empty Thanks

Post  zakeswrx09 Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:59 pm

if I don't get them installed by then no biggie but thanks for the info it all helps considering I'm new to the subie world... I have a cobbs tuner would that work and would you recommend I upgrade my injectors?
zakeswrx09
zakeswrx09

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  catgut Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:33 am

Sure np, that's what the SCG community is here for. Don't forget that you have a wealth of knowledge online (forums) BUT you have to be able to separate the BS from the fact and not take all that you read as gospel scratch

If you're looking to learn more about EFI engine/tuning I'd recommend you hit the books and read stuff by David Vizard and some of the cartech collections which put a lot of the engine/EFI theory in layman's terms so you're not reading a thesis on fuel injection by some mad scientist in an unabridged 1,000+ page novel study If and when you get to the point that you're studying the theory of thermodynamics then you my friend are the man afro

Injectors:
No. If you're sticking with your OEM VF 52 you can max out that turbo and still be within the range of your injector capacity. Both WRX and STi of the GR years have identical fuel systems Cool unlike the older models; you always read about those guys (GD) upgrading injectors. If you are the serious type and want to push your factory internals, anything larger than an EvoIII 16G you're definitely going to need to invest in larger injectors and tuning to boot. The Cobb AccessPort is your simplicity ticket.

The only exception to the above statement about the VF 52 is if you so decide to go with an EWG (external waste gate) as this will allow you to spool/achieve max boost sooner and hold until redline. Of course your tuner can taper the boost but what fun is that? Shocked

If new to the Subi/MAF (Mass airflow) tuning arena I suggest reading A LOT before you decide on taking the plunge with bolt-on parts. Unlike speed density fuel injection (Honda, some GM, etc.) you can't just decide on tuning parts and not understand it's effect and consequence (sometimes very expensive). Just remember that your engine is a pump. The more efficient you make that pump you have to compensate with the appropriate fuel/ignition to keep it happy or it WILL damage something or at the very least make engine perform sub-par. Then we'll have to have a group install for a shortblock on our hands Wink not wallet friendly Embarassed

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-12-03

http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down