Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intake Filter Recharge vs. Replacement

5 posters

Go down

Intake Filter Recharge vs. Replacement Empty Intake Filter Recharge vs. Replacement

Post  gonzosti Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 am

SCG...It's bout time i clean and recharge or replace my SPT air filter and i have researched and reviewed the pros and cons and it came down to oil vs. dry (dry being better, do to MAF being right there after filter) and what i can purchase locally vs. off-island ordering...Does anyone know who sells replacement filters or recharge kits. As far as replacement filters im not concerned about the brand just if its oiled vs. dry. I have read that K&N filters will fit the SPT intake (3" diameter at the intake and 6" overall filter length) and just wanted to know if anyone knows of a place locally where i can check before i make an order and have to wait. Any info is greatly appreciated.
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Intake Filter Recharge vs. Replacement Empty Re: Intake Filter Recharge vs. Replacement

Post  cabrez99 Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:32 am

There goes the 09, he's gonna represent, the SCG club on Marianas. whoop, whoop.....goooooooooooooo Dhhhhhhhhhoooonnnnnnnnnnn. Very Happy
cabrez99
cabrez99

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Intake Filter Recharge vs. Replacement Empty Re: Intake Filter Recharge vs. Replacement

Post  gonzosti Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:34 am

cabrez99 wrote:There goes the 09, he's gonna represent, the SCG club on Marianas. whoop, whoop.....goooooooooooooo Dhhhhhhhhhoooonnnnnnnnnnn. Very Happy

Question scratch
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  dhonn17 Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:47 am

lol! darrel i think edd is confused now
dhonn17
dhonn17

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  ceo1 Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Damn, I'm confused! Suspect
ceo1
ceo1
SCG Treasurer/Coordinator & Plans

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cabrez99 Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Seems like im confuse too.........hahahahaha
cabrez99
cabrez99

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:27 pm

I wish the SPT filter was washable, but never use an oil bathed filter. No quality filter I know locally, just mostly generic china filters. I would order the filter instead. Do you have your OEM filter system?
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzosti Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:53 am

GuamSTI wrote:I wish the SPT filter was washable, but never use an oil bathed filter. No quality filter I know locally, just mostly generic china filters. I would order the filter instead. Do you have your OEM filter system?
Yes, still have the OEM system and was thinking to re-install + remove the silencer. I figure i would have to make an order and minus well get a couple of replacement filters.
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:00 am

Do you have the heat shield for your SPT?
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzosti Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:09 pm

GuamSTI wrote:Do you have the heat shield for your SPT?

Yes! and have made order for 2 filters....
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:48 am

How much did they cost? I should have asked you to order one for me, but anyway let me know next time.
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down