Subaru Club of Guam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Attack III

+4
07GDJ25
gudofredo
tempest24
GuamSTI
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time Attack III Empty Time Attack III

Post  GuamSTI Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Coming to you Hopefully in July!

Time Attack III 29733_1410165128819_1073200846_1223

Last edited by GuamSTI on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Time Attack III Empty Re: Time Attack III

Post  tempest24 Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:38 am

looks fast again!!! i gotta work on my fan to make sure i dont overheat again...
tempest24
tempest24
SCG Forum Master

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-12-01

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/tempest24?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:43 am

July 25, 2010 Mark your calendars!
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  gudofredo Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:00 am

GuamSTI wrote:July 25, 2010 Mark your calendars!

So it's going to be on July 25 and not July 11?
gudofredo
gudofredo

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:26 am

gudofredo wrote:
GuamSTI wrote:July 25, 2010 Mark your calendars!

So it's going to be on July 25 and not July 11?

YES!
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest24 Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:09 am

how many laps?
tempest24
tempest24
SCG Forum Master

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:24 am

tempest24 wrote:how many laps?

To be decided
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  07GDJ25 Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:47 am

Looks fun and promising...hopefully gonzo will be up and running with no front end...we'll see...

July 25th...Sunday...no UFC that day, which means most of us will be free...
Suspect
07GDJ25
07GDJ25

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  07GDJ25 Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:48 am

Oh yeah...I think Jay mentioned our Pay Pal account is up so people will be able to pay on line...right Question
07GDJ25
07GDJ25

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 am

Yes paypal is up I just need the routing number and account number from CEO1 and we should be okay. i also asked Gonzo if has the time to make us a flyer for this event.
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  07GDJ25 Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:23 am

Okay July 25th Sunday...Time Attack 3 Twisted Evil
07GDJ25
07GDJ25

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest24 Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:25 pm

sorry guys i'll try my best to make it BUT i find out the real reason why im over heating...after re-wiring the fan shrouds...my thermostat is acting up...when im over heated the top radiator hose is a lot hotter then the bottom one...

i just ordered the thermostat today and if it gets in before race day i'll install and run but if not then sorry...

but i will stop by!

also need tires...lol
tempest24
tempest24
SCG Forum Master

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Time Attack III TimeAttackIII25JUL10Flyer1

Time Attack Rules:
I. General Information:
Vehicles will be broken into run groups based on class and lap times during the morning warm up sessions. (groups will be adjusted during the event if necessary). The number of sessions and warm up sessions depend on number of vehicles that attend. Each vehicle will be timed constantly on course via an automatic timing system. All timed sessions will count towards your official Time Attack time. The (1) warm-up lap before actual timed laps during heats is optional and maybe requested by driver prior to a run.

II. Format:
Vehicles are broken into nine (9) classes:

Unlimited FF (front engine, front drive)
Unlimited FR/MR/RR (front-engine, rear drive, includes mid-engine, rear drive and, rear-engine, rear drive)
Unlimited AWD (all wheel drive)

Limited FF
Limited FR/MR/RR
Limited AWD

Street FF
Street FR/MR/RR
Street AWD

III. Vehicle Preparation:
All vehicles must comply with the following rules:
1. All vehicles must use tires that are legal for use on all public roadways in either the US, Japan or European Union.
2. All vehicles must be issued a government mandated VIN# or Japanese/European equivalent.
3. Vehicles must be built from a model originally produced for legal street use.
4. For Street and Limited class OEM seatbelts are allowed only for OEM seats. If you replace the OEM seat with a racing seat you must have either a 4 point roll bar with the proper harness mounts or a harness bar with 4 mounting locations that is at least 1.5” in diameter with 0.065 wall thickness
5. The entire floor pan must be in place. No tube chassis allowed.
6. All cars must run all the decals required by the organizers. This will include doorplate on each side of the car as well as windshield banner on either the top or bottom of the windshield and any other location as specified.
7. No vehicle will be allowed to run if they have not been inspected.
A) Street Class
1. Full interior must be retained with the exception of items below:
a) OEM seats can be changed out for approved racing seats.
b) Factory panels maybe cut out to allow for safety items (roll bar, harnesses, etc.)
c) Rear seats maybe removed
d) All cars must retain the heater core (if equipped) but AC maybe removed.
2. Only coil spring/leaf spring/shocks (non adjustable) are allowed.
3. Aftermarket sway bars allowed, non-adjustable endlinks.
4. Tires must be no wider than OEM wheels regardless of diameter.
5. Intake/headers and cat back systems are the only modifications allowed.
6. Catalytic converters required.
7. Carbon Fiber hoods allowed no other fiberglass or carbon fiber panels allowed.
8. Spare Tire/jack maybe removed.
9. No forced induction allowed.
10. Tires must have a minimum treadwear rating of 180
11. All factory glass must be in place and undamaged.

B) Limited Class
1. Limited Class vehicles must have legal registration in their country of origin.
2. All factory glass must be in place and undamaged.
3. Tires must have a minimum treadwear rating of 80
4. Aftermarket brake rotors allowed.
5. Factory Turbo only.
6. No aftermarket engine management
7. Adjustable camber plates allowed
8. Adjustable sway bar end links allowed
9. No coil-over suspension
10. No aftermarket Limited Slip differential (i.e. - if not factory equipped in the subject model it is not allowed)
11. Tires wider by 20mm from OEM width allowed

C) Unlimited Class
1. Tires must meet standards per section III however no minimum rating required.
2. No interior allowed (i.e. – interior can be completely removed)
3. Engine swaps allowed
4. Front windshield must be OEM and undamaged
5. Carbon Fiber/Fiberglass body panels allowed

IV. Technical Requirements:
All participants should utilize equipment that meets or exceeds these minimum requirements while driving on the course:
1. Use proper fitting helmet that meets Snell 2000 (SA2000; M1990) or newer (or equivalent) standards for cars or motorcycles.
2. The driver and any passenger must utilize the restraints or harness required for their class at all times while on the course.
3. Non-synthetic fabric clothing (i.e. cotton). At least footwear, a T-shirt ,long and shorts pants must be worn.
4. No open toe shoes, or tank tops may be worn in the car while on the course.

V. Automobile Appearance:
All entered vehicles must be in good condition and appearance. Vehicles with excessive body damage, etc. are not allowed. This vehicle must meet the “50/50” rule, which means they must look undamaged and straight at fifty (50) mph and from (50) feet.

VI. Wheels and Tires:
The general condition of the tire and rim assembly must be good. There should be no cracks or damage to the wheel. There should be no cords exposed, bubbles, or other visible damage on the tire throughout the duration of the event. All lug nuts must be present and tightly hold the tire and rim assembly to the car’s hub. No hubcaps or beauty rings are allowed.

VII. Steering and Suspension:
The steering mechanism and suspension will be checked for its general condition. If the safety inspector determines that component safety is compromised due to wear and tear and/or incorrect installation the event committee of that day will decide on continued vehicle participation in the best interest of safety.

VIII. Engine Bay:
There should be no fluid leaks from the engine. A radiator overflow of at least one-liter should be used. Oil breathers or vents shall return the oil to the engine or shall terminate in a catch tank of at least 1 liter and oil within must not be above ½ of total capacity. All hoses carrying fluids should be in good condition without cracks or other damage.

IX. Brakes:
The brakes should be in good working condition and must be able to stop the vehicle in a reasonable distance in a safe and controlled manner. The pedal resistance should be adequate and will be tested for leakage integrity by depressing with normal foot pressure. Visual inspection will be performed; if leakage is found, vehicle will not be allowed to participate until leakage is corrected. The fluid level must be above the minimum limit as specified by the manufacturer. The brake lines must be in good condition. Aesthetic pedal covers are not allowed. Factory and/or factory-like pedals allowed. All removable driver-side floor mats must be completely removed for the duration of the event.

X. Seatbelts and Harnesses:
The seatbelts should be in good condition. No damage maybe present on the seatbelts and they must be the factory configuration. The use of a lap belt without the shoulder restraint is not permitted. Passenger seatbelts must meet the same requirements as the driver seatbelts if it is being used by a passenger. Proper installation is the responsibility of the driver for aftermarket seatbelts and harnesses.

XI. Battery:
The battery shall be securely fastened to the car. No bungee cords or rubber cords maybe used to function as the sole hold down mechanism. An electrically non-conductive material must cover the positive battery terminal. Any battery located inside the drivers compartment should be fully covered and firmly secured to the chassis (or tub) in a marine type battery case.

XII. Exposed Wires:
There should be no exposed wires inside the driver’s compartment such as to interfere with the safe operation of the vehicle. No live (hot) wires may be exposed anywhere in the vehicle.

XIII. Loose Objects:
All loose objects in the car and trunk should be removed. Floor mats, dash mats, spare tire, jack, tools, etc. must be removed.

XIV. Lights Covered:
It is recommended, not required that all exposed lights be covered with tape, except brake lights.

XV. Car Number / Sponsor Decals:
This vehicle should exhibit its assigned car number on both sides of the car. The car number must be at least ten (10) inches tall and be of a contrasting color. No numbers may be placed on the side windows. Numbers on the front or rear of the car are recommended but not required.

XVI. Fire Extinguisher: (not required but suggested)
All cars should have at least a fire extinguisher securely mounted inside within the drivers reach while normally seated, belts fastened and steering wheel in place. The bracket should be metal and of the quick release type. The mounting hardware should be nut and bolt not just sheet metal screws. Fire bottles made of plastic or aerosol-type cans are prohibited.
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  cabrez99 Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:40 am

Wow, tech inspector is going to have lots of fun inspecting these vehicle to put them in their approprate classes.
cabrez99
cabrez99

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 am

There is not much difference from what we are currently doing this just putting it writing
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  cabrez99 Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:47 pm

so would july 25th be the effective date that the classing will take effect.
cabrez99
cabrez99

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:24 am

cabrez99 wrote:so would july 25th be the effective date that the classing will take effect.

Yes, classing will be in effect but keep in mind that we will be reviewing and modifying to what is applicable and reasonable until such a time that this will be fair to all racers.
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  cabrez99 Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:44 am

Sounds good.
cabrez99
cabrez99

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:25 am

I will need volunteers to set-up the course on Sunday Morning since I have a golf tournament on saturday the 24th. Unless somebody wants to set it up on saturday? Any volunteers?
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  07GDJ25 Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:40 am

Gonna make a fight with the Commander, but what time are you looking at Jay Question
07GDJ25
07GDJ25

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:42 pm

07GDJ25 wrote:Gonna make a fight with the Commander, but what time are you looking at Jay Question

If we do it on a Sunday 7:00 am to 7:30 would be best. On a Saturday I am not sure what time tournament will finish.
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzosti Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 am

Sorry boys. I won't be able to make this one. I'll be off-island. I know I will be missing out. Car should be ready early next month and back in full force. Till then enjoy the race and please help jay with all the prep work and making the event a successful one.
gonzosti
gonzosti
SCG Artist/Designer

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://gonzoink.com

Back to top Go down

Post  07GDJ25 Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 am

Jay I'll get there as soon as I can on Sunday.
07GDJ25
07GDJ25

Back to top Go down

Post  catgut Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:44 am

Either way, Sat or Sun let me know. I'll be there to assist set up of the course.

J
catgut
catgut
SCG Technican

Number of posts : 466

http://guamsubieowners.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  GuamSTI Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 pm

I might be too tired on Saturday afternoon maybe we should set this for Sunday morning at 7:00 am I will be there. I hope the timing system and all the other needed stuff is ready.
GuamSTI
GuamSTI

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next